Saturday, December 6, 2008

Typewriters

Typewriters are the bomb. I don't own an old one like this, but it's on my wish list. I'd put it on a shelf next to my computer and look at it every day. What was written on it? Who were the people who used it? Novelists? Science writers? Reporters? Poets? Pondering this fills the head of many a writer.

I used an image of an old typewriter for my logo and people said it looked too old fashioned. They thought I "should" be using a computer to make me look more current and up-to-date. I think typewriters are more interesting and they certainly got the job done.

Linus used to say there was nothing more sincere than a pumpkin patch. My version is there is nothing more sincere than an old typewriter or a batch of round typewriter keys. To each their own.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I'm with you on that one! I think you will really enjoy blogging and will feel really motivated when you have readers who make comments. I was so nervous about giving my blog out to our sistahs group and to my family, but the funny thing is, you are the only person who has ever responded. I was really disappointed but I guess folks didn't really understand how important it was to me. So I thank you for taking a mindful look at my 3.

My older sister has finally checked a few times. But those in the blogging world check every morning and comment too. Comments are da bomb!